The garden of fugitives - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Baat Cheet -----Chat-Room(USERS) » Historical Places » The garden of fugitives
Historical Places !! Share Historical Places you visited yourself or have information about it !!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old

My Photos: ()
Default The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-06-2012, 06:34 PM

THE GARDEN OF FUGITIVES

The city of Pompeii is a partially buried Roman town-city near modern Naples in the Italian region of Campania, in the territory of the comune of Pompei. Along with Herculaneum, Pompeii was partially destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79.

Pompeii was lost for nearly 1700 years before its rediscovery in 1748. Since then, its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed insight into the life of a city during the Pax Romana. Today, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Italy, with approximately 2,500,000 visitors every year.

In the year of 79 AD, Mount Vesuvius erupted in one of the most catastrophic and famous eruptions of all time. Historians have learned about the eruption from the eyewitness account of Pliny the Younger, a Roman administrator and poet.

Mount Vesuvius spawned a deadly cloud of stones, ash and fumes to a height of 20.5 miles, spewing molten rock and pulverized pumice at the rate of 1.5 million tons per second, ultimately releasing a hundred thousand times the thermal energy released by the Hiroshima bombing.The towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum were obliterated and buried underneath massive pyroclastic flows An estimated 16,000 people died from the eruption.

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-06-2012, 08:58 PM

zabardast info nice charm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:
Jin Shaamon main Tujhe Bhoolna Chahen,
Wohi Raatain azaab Hoti hain:
(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-06-2012, 10:08 PM

oh Allah; tuaba.
Very informative thread sweetie
thanku very much

And Your Lord Never Forget
(#4)
Old
Ɔнσcσℓαтɛ ƖƧ Ѧʏ Ƨσʋℓмαтɛ

Star Sign:
Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-07-2012, 02:36 AM

Kool Info !!

Ɩм Δ∂∂ιcтɛ∂ Ƭσ ƳѲʋ !
(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-07-2012, 08:09 AM

Had done a research on that city as a high school project but it was a great read once again!
Great sharing charm sis!

(#6)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-07-2012, 08:37 AM

Great Info CharM Nice Sharing

დ∫დ→◄●♥●►↔ǺήĐằŽ~◊Ệ◊~ίάΫǻЙ↔◄●♥●►←დ∫დ

(#7)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-07-2012, 08:51 AM

nyced sharing

(#8)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-07-2012, 07:05 PM

nice sharing..

(#9)
Old

Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-07-2012, 08:30 PM

thanks everyone for liking

(#10)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: The garden of fugitives - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   12-07-2013, 05:22 PM

v in4mtive ....

~“She said, Never forget me
as if the coast
could forget the ocean
or the lung
could forget the breath
or the earth
could forget the sun,”~
Post New Thread  Reply