Is french beard allowed in islam? - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Islam » Islamic Issues And Topics » Is french beard allowed in islam?
Islamic Issues And Topics !!! Post Islamic Issues And Topics Here !!!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Default Is french beard allowed in islam? - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Is french beard allowed in islam?

As Salaam o alaikum, Is it allow to have french beard in Islam? Lots of guys in Pakistan criticize those who are having french beard ( my self). I was having french beard and sometimes they criticize me not to have french beard so now I am clean shaved. It's okay to have clean shave rather than french beard so can any guys give any reference for having french beard allow in Islam or not.

Thanks
Waiting for reply

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Is french beard allowed in islam? - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-23-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYAZ View Post
Is french beard allowed in islam?

As Salaam o alaikum, Is it allow to have french beard in Islam? Lots of guys in Pakistan criticize those who are having french beard ( my self). I was having french beard and sometimes they criticize me not to have french beard so now I am clean shaved. It's okay to have clean shave rather than french beard so can any guys give any reference for having french beard allow in Islam or not.

Thanks
Waiting for reply
In'sha'Allah will give reply soon after a bit study.

(#3)
Old

Default Re: Is french beard allowed in islam? - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-24-2012, 05:28 AM

This is a very interesting Question.

I searched this question up & from this site i got this information.
http://www.islamic-laws.com/beard.htm

[remember i dont know how accurate this information is.
but i just want to help you look around
& together we can search & learn what other people are saying about it ].

Inshallah we will find our answer.

Just Some Information about beard.
Quote:

The Three Aspects Regarding The Beard

1. The beard is a part of the male anatomy which beautifies, gives respectability & adorns the man. (That is only when it is kept in good trim).

2. The beard is a natural inherent part of the biological characteristics of the male gender of the human being, its purpose is to differentiate between the male & the female. This very conclusion is also derived by logical reasoning & intellect. We should also bear in mind that the intellect is one of the most important factors which separates the human being from the other animal species.

3. In answer to the supplication made by our grandfather Adam (AS), Allah, the Blessed, the Exalted, made the growth of the beard an in-built natural feature of the male, a feature which will continue being such till the day of reckoning.

Allamah Majlisi (May Allah have mercy on his soul) quotes in a narration, in Vol. 16 of his book Bihar Al-Anwar (Seas of Illuminations) on the authority of Ibn Masud in which the Holy Prophet of Islam Muhammad (saww) states:

“When Allah, the Blessed, the Merciful, accepted the repentance of Adam (saww), Gabriel (AS) came to Adam (saww) & said,

“May Allah grant you a (long) life & bestow beauty upon you”

Adam (saww) then said,

“I understand what you mean by long life, however, I do not understand what you mean by beauty

[Thus, in thanking Allah, his Lord & Master] he went into prostration & when he raised his head from it, he made a supplication & said,

“O, Allah, Increase in me the beauty [that you have promised me]”,

soon after he had made the supplication a beautiful beard appeared on his radiant face. When Gabriel (AS) witnessed what had happened, he touched the beard of prophet Adam (saww) & said,

“This is in response to the supplication you made to your Lord, & it has been granted to you & your male offspring till the day of reckoning”.

It is evident from this narration that the beauty which Allah, the Blessed, the Exalted, bestowed upon Adam (saww) in the form of a beard would remain for him & his male offspring till the day of reckoning.

The shaving of the beard in general is considered to be from amongst those actions which the Lawgiver (Allah) has indeed considered unlawful. This is to such an extent, that it is regarded a sin by which an individual may be considered worthy of being punished. As far as some of the rulings which the Lawgiver has ordained for His servants, whether they find them difficult to resist or difficult to perform, they are still taken into account as far His pious servants are concerned, the main reason for that is the strong faith His loyal pious servants have with regard to His commands & prohibitions. They know that their Creator, Allah, the All Mighty, the Blessed, the Exalted, knows & does what is best for His humble servants.
The shaving of the beard in general is considered to be from amongst those actions which the Lawgiver (Allah) has indeed considered unlawful.

That Line says "shaving" is Unlawful.

But we will Look around more ..

Just Some other basic information if you are interested.
Quote:
Some Western Views Concerning The Beard

One view is that the wearing of a beard strengthens the teeth & gums. Sujan Afindi Al-Marwani quotes in his book (History of America) Vol. 160 Dr. Victor George as saying: “The beard saves the face from the wet, protects the teeth & gums”

“We once shaved the beards of all the rail workers in our region in summer & found that most of them suffered from tooth ache & sores in the gums”

“When persons who had been protected from the cold at the North pole came back to Engl& & shaved their beards they noticed that they had all become ill soon after that ”.

I know you asked Specific for French beard but you said
have clean shave now. Just thought to share this..
But we will look more into the french beard inshallah.

Last edited by Nazuk Ladki; 06-24-2012 at 05:31 AM..
(#4)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Is french beard allowed in islam? - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   06-24-2012, 08:11 AM

I am not ready to have the full beard but thanks for sharing that information. My main point is also for opening this thread that we could get some info on that and accurate one. I haven't got chance to meet with Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman sahab to ask him about this. But when ever I do, I will INSHALLAH.

Post New Thread  Reply