TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Baat Cheet -----Chat-Room(USERS) » Pics And Images » TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX
Pics And Images !!!!Share Pics And Images Here !!!!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Loading TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-16-2010, 12:13 PM

An Object called BLACK BOX

The "black box" is a generic term for two recording devices carried aboard commercial airliners. The Flight Data Recorder (FDR) records a variety of parameters related to the operation and flight characteristics of the plane. The Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) records the voices of the flight crew, engine noise, and any other sounds in the cockpit. All large commercial airliners and certain varieties of smaller commercial, corporate, and private aircraft are required by law to carry one or both of these boxes, which generally cost between $10,000 and $15,000 apiece. The data these devices provide is often invaluable to experts investigating the events leading up to an accident. The recovery of the boxes is one of the highest priorities in any mishap investigation, second only to locating survivors or recovering the remains of victims. FDR information is also often used to study other aviation safety issues, engine performance, and to identify potential maintenance issues

Once the black boxes have been located following an accident, they are typically taken into custody by an aviation safety agency for analysis. In the United States, responsibility for investigating most air accidents belongs to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). Many countries lacking the capability to analyze black boxes also send their recorders to the computer labs of the NTSB or some of the better-equipped investigative organizations in Western nations. Care must be taken in recovering and transporting the recorders so that no further damage is done to the devices that might prevent important data from being extracted.

Upon receipt of the recorders, the NTSB uses a series of computer and audio equipment to process and analyze any information that can be recovered. The data is translated into formats readily usable by investigators and is usually critical in identifying the probable cause(s) of the accident. This process may take many weeks or months depending on the condition of the black boxes and the level of processing required to make sense of the data. Outside experts are also often consulted to help analyze and interpret the data.

Flight Data Recorder information is typically presented in the form of graphs or animations used to understand instrument readings, flight characteristics, and the performance of the aircraft during its final moments. Cockpit Voice Recorder information is usually more sensitive and laws strictly regulate how it is handled. A committee including representatives of the NTSB, FAA, the airline, the manufacturers of the aircraft and engines, and the pilots union is responsible for preparing a transcript of the CVR's contents. This transcript is painstakingly created using air traffic control logs and sound spectrum analysis software to provide exact timing. Although the transcript can be released to the public, only select and pertinent portions of the actual audio recording are made public due to privacy concerns.

Thanks Par Click Karna Mat Boliyoooo

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-16-2010, 05:48 PM

T4S
Gr8..

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-16-2010, 06:01 PM

nice t4s

(#4)
Old

Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-16-2010, 10:29 PM

thanx 4 shairng

(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-17-2010, 01:42 AM

informative ...

(#6)
Old
ιι ƤιιИκʏ ƤяσѦιιƨɛ ;]

Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-17-2010, 07:51 AM

vry informative

(#7)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-17-2010, 06:04 PM

Zaberdast

(#8)
Old

Star Sign:
Thankyou Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-20-2010, 11:22 AM

All

(#9)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-20-2010, 01:48 PM

its amazing i like it .............

(#10)
Old

Default Re: TECHNOLOGY >>>>>>>An Object called BLACK BOX - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   12-01-2010, 03:43 PM

really an important information. i really like it

Post New Thread  Reply