Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » The World of Information » Computer and Information Technology » Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users
Computer and Information Technology !!! Computer softwares, problems and about latest science Technology !!!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
?? Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 02:41 AM

More than 9 million UK adults had online accounts hacked and 8% lost money in past year.

LONDON (Web Desk) - More than 9 million adults in Britain have had online accounts hacked and 8% of the population say they have lost money in the past year because of cybercrime, according to a survey by university researchers.

Cyber security experts at the University of Kent said it was "quite shocking" that 2.3% of the population reported losing more than £10,000 to online fraudsters.
The survey found that 18.3% of those questioned had experienced attempts to break into one or more of their online accounts, including email, online banking, gaming and social media. One third said it had happened more than once.

The researchers found that people aged 55 to 64 were least likely to be successfully targeted by online criminals. The figure for this group was 11.4%, the study said, which may be because they are more cautious or spend less time online, have fewer activities and accounts or maintain better security. More than one in four people aged 18 to 24 (27.3%) has suffered a hacking attack.

When asked how much money they had lost in the past year "due to any kind of computer criminal activity," 92% said they had lost nothing, but 3.2% of more than 1,500 respondents said they had lost between £1 and £100, 2.4% suffered a hit of between £101 and £10,000 and 2.3% claimed to have lost more than £10,000.

The researchers admitted this data could be open to a number of different interpretations and they would try to learn more in future surveys.

Estimates of the financial impact of cybercrime vary. In 2011, a UK government report said the overall cost to the economy was £27bn a year, with identity theft accounting for £1.7bn and online scams and ripoffs a further £1.4bn. The report found that the main loser was British business, which took a £21bn hit, suffering high levels of intellectual property theft and industrial espionage.

Reuters reported this month that the social media revolution had changed the way cybercriminals operated. It said a computer virus used to steal credit card data had been modified to create bogus Instagram "likes" that could be used to generate buzz for a company or individual. These fake "likes" were sold in batches of 1,000 on internet hacker forums.

According to RSA, the security division of US-based technology firm EMC, 1,000 Instagram "followers" could be bought for $15 (£9.50), and 1,000 Instagram "likes" cost $30 (£19), whereas 1,000 credit card numbers cost as little as $6 (£3.80).

"It seems online crime has a clear impact on the lives of average UK citizens, with their accounts and credentials being compromised significantly and in some cases multiple times," said Dr Julio Hernandez-Castro and Dr Eerke Boiten, from the University of Kent s Interdisciplinary Centre for Cyber Security Research.
"Cybercrime may not yet have hit a large proportion of the British public, but successful attacks do tend to lead to substantive financial damage," Boiten said.

bE driveN wiTh puRpOse, Be r313n71355 in your alιgnмenт;
with excellence.
pAy n0 mInd to the ∂ιsιмραssισηε∂ เ๓ק๏tєภt ђคtєгร

.. нoolιgan
Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old
... Deserve Only The Best

Star Sign:
Location: ★ Down In The Hell, Up In Da Sky, In Everyone's Heart But Still Invisible ! ★
Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 02:48 AM

:| :|
Thanks for sharin ...

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 02:53 AM

Thanks ,..

bE driveN wiTh puRpOse, Be r313n71355 in your alιgnмenт;
with excellence.
pAy n0 mInd to the ∂ιsιмραssισηε∂ เ๓ק๏tєภt ђคtєгร

.. нoolιgan
(#4)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 02:55 AM

And I am 100% sure, those account hacked by hackers from middle east .

ALLAH FARMATA HAI :
AEY BANDEY JO HUA
WO ACHA HUA .
JO HORAHA HAI ACHA HO RAHA HAI.
JO HOGA WO BHI ACHA HOGA.
TERA KIYA GAIYA JO TU ROTA HAI
TU KIA LAYA JO TU NE KHO DIYA.
JO LIYA YAHIN (DUNYA) SEI LIYA
JO DIYA YAHIN (DUNYA) PE DIYA
JO AAJ TERA HAI PEHLAY KISI AUR KA THA
AUR KAL KISI AUR KA HOGA.
TABDEELI KAINAAT KA MAMOOL HAI
BAS TU WO JAMA KAR JO TU SATH LEI KAR JANEY WALA HAI
YANI NAIK AMAAL.

(#5)
Old

Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 07:22 AM

useful info

(#6)
Old

Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 07:44 AM

I think that it is all those people who wanted to make easy money

(#7)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 02:13 PM

thnx 4 sharing

(#8)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-30-2013, 04:28 PM

t4s!!

(#9)
Old
đĭĽ_§ễ

Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-31-2013, 11:46 AM

Thanks for sharing

(#10)
Old
đĭĽ_§ễ

Default Re: Cybercrime Hits More Than 9 Million UK Web Users - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-31-2013, 11:47 AM

Waise is baat yeh zahir hoota hai k UK mein ALLAH mian ki gayee (cow) zayada tadad mein paai jaati hein lol

Post New Thread  Reply