"poorest" president in the world - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Baat Cheet -----Chat-Room(USERS) » Miscellaneous » "poorest" president in the world
Miscellaneous If you can't seem to find the right section to post? Share it all here!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old

My Photos: ()
Default "poorest" president in the world - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2012, 03:46 AM

"POOREST" PRESIDENT IN THE WORLD DONATES 90% OF SALARY TO CHARITY

Usually presidents are not associated with poverty. Some, like Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, are even linked to big spending and generous welfare programs.

But the President of Uruguay, José Mujica, has earned the nickname of the “poorest,” or the “most generous,” president in the world — depending on how you see things— after revealing that he donates 90 percent of his earnings, to charitable causes.

In a recent interview, Mujica told Spain’s El Mundo that he earns a salary of $12,500 a month, but only keeps $1,250 for himself, donating the rest to charity.

The president said that the only big item he owns is his VW car, valued at $1,945 dollars. The farmhouse in which he lives in Montevideo is under his wife’s name, Lucķa Topolansky, a Senator, who also donates part of her salary.

“I do fine with that amount; I have to do fine because there are many Uruguayans who live with much less,” the president told El Mundo.

The 77-year-old Mujica is a former guerilla leader, who fought against Uruguay’s military regimes in the 1970s. He was also Minister of Livestock, Agriculture and Fisheries from 2005 to 2008 and afterwards, served as a senator.

Later on, as presidential candidate for the Broad Front, the left-wing coalition, Mujica won the 2009 election becoming Uruguay’s president on March 1, 2010.

Uruguay is the second smallest nation in South America by area, after Suriname. However it is one of the most developed countries on the continent, with a GDP per capita of $15,656. That’s less than half of United States’ GDP per capita, but it triples earnings in Honduras which has a GDP per capita of just $4,345.

Under Mujica’s stewardship, Uruguay has become known for low levels of corruption. The South American country ranks as the second least corrupt country in Latin America in Transparency International’s global corruption index.

Uruguay also made it to the world cup 2010 semi-finals while Mujica was in office, and the country won the South American Soccer championships in 2011, stunning tournament hosts Argentina, in a memorable performance by striker Diego Forlan.
It seems therefore, that it’s a good time to be Jose Mujica.

Without bank accounts, and with few debts, Mujica told El Mundo that he sleeps peacefully. When his term is over, the President hopes to rest even more peacefully in his farmhouse, along with his wife and his inseparable dog, Manuela

P.S.: HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN GOD.

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: "poorest" president in the world - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Gr8 Man Very Infomtic Kaash Hamare Pak K Hukmran Bhi Is Jesy Ho Jen

დ∫დ→◄●♥●►↔ǺήĐằˇ~◊Ệ◊~ßάΫǻЙ↔◄●♥●►←დ∫დ

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: "poorest" president in the world - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2012, 08:51 AM

He Sleeps Peacefully ,no bank Acc. wounderful sharing. Thank you.

Be the change you wish to see in the world
(#4)
Old

Default Re: "poorest" president in the world - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2012, 11:00 AM

wow great man
ye koi zoordari ko bhi parh k suna de
shyd koi moajzzza ho jaye

thankss charm for very informative sharing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: "poorest" president in the world - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2012, 01:47 PM

KiTne Acha Insan Haii .. Mashallah
Allah Pak Sab KOO TauFeeQ Dein AMeeN!

(#6)
Old

Default Re: "poorest" president in the world - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Yep Kash Duniya ke sabhi Log aise hi hote

and thank you

Post New Thread  Reply