Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Baat Cheet -----Chat-Room(USERS) » Cooking Section » Share Your Own Cook Recipies » Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe
Share Your Own Cook Recipies !! Share Your Own Recipies !!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
Banned

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Heart Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Ingredients:

1 pound mung bean sprouts
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 7 to 8 ounces each
Marinade:
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 small piece (less than 1 teaspoon) cornstarch
Sauce:
1/4 cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons water
Other:
1/2 pound dry wonton noodles
2 medium ribs celery
1 pound bok choy or broccoli
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
1 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion
1 green onion (scallion, spring onion)
Vegetable oil for frying and stir-frying, as needed
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds

Preparation:

One or 2 hours before cooking, rinse the mung bean sprouts so that they have time to drain thoroughly.

Cut the chicken into thin strips. Add the marinade ingredients, adding the cornstarch last. Marinate the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes.

The following 3 steps can be completed while the chicken is marinating:

To prepare the sauce, in a small bowl dissolve the 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the 4 tablespoons water. Whisk the water or chicken broth with the oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper and cornstarch and water mixture and set aside.

Soften the noodles by placing them in boiling salted water. Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process and drain thoroughly.

Wash all the vegetables as needed. Cut the celery and the bok choy into 1/2-inch pieces on the diagonal. If substituting broccoli for bok choy, peel the stalks until no more strings come out, and slice thinly on the diagonal. Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and slice. Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds and chut into chunks. Peel and chop the onion. Dice the green onion.

Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the noodles. Fry in batches until golden. Remove the noodles from the pan.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add the onion and the meat. Let the meat brown briefly, then stir-fry until the redness is gone and the meat is nearly cooked through. Remove the cooked meat and onion from the pan.

Cook the rest of the vegetables separately, except for the green onion, seasoning each with a bit of salt while stir-frying if desired. When cooking the bok choy or broccoli, add 1/4 cup of water and cover while cooking. Remove each of the vegetables from the pan when finished stir-frying. Add more oil as needed.

Give the sauce a quick restir. Add all the ingredients back into the wok, making a "well" in the middle if the wok for the sauce. Add the sauce, stirring quickly to thicken. Mix everything together. Stir in the green onions. Pour the cooked vegetable and sauce mixture on top of the noodles. Garnish the chow mein with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Ah Lookin Very Spicy !

Thank You For Such Real And Creative Work For MeraForum.

bE driveN wiTh puRpOse, Be r313n71355 in your alιgnмenт;
with excellence.
pAy n0 mInd to the ∂ιsιмραssισηε∂ เ๓ק๏tєภt ђคtєгร

.. нoolιgan
(#3)
Old

Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-11-2011, 08:53 PM

abeeee (y)
kash ap ko pakana b ata hota :P

(#4)
Old

Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-11-2011, 09:52 PM

oh wah chapa ma choo pe cha..

(#5)
Old
Banned

Star Sign:
Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-11-2011, 09:53 PM

tthnkx GuyX....

(#6)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

Star Sign:
Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Superb work ...

ε√ïℓ şσųℓ

ѕιℓєηcє & ѕмιℓє αяє тωσ ρσωєяƒυℓ тσσℓѕ.
ѕмιℓє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ѕσℓνє мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ
&
ѕιℓєηcє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ανσι∂ мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ..
(#7)
Old
ღ šŏŭl ɦăčƙĕř ღ

Star Sign:
Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-12-2011, 12:00 AM

lookin taste yummmy

ε√ïℓ şσųℓ

ѕιℓєηcє & ѕмιℓє αяє тωσ ρσωєяƒυℓ тσσℓѕ.
ѕмιℓє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ѕσℓνє мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ
&
ѕιℓєηcє ιѕ тнє ωαу тσ ανσι∂ мαηу ρяσвℓємѕ..
(#8)
Old

Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-12-2011, 12:21 AM

Ymmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(#9)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-12-2011, 03:01 AM

Ongg yummyyy Ma favvv

(#10)
Old
Banned

Star Sign:
Default Re: Chow Mein (Chinese Noodles) My Own Recipe - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   11-12-2011, 05:53 AM

Anam mine 2

Post New Thread  Reply