Bone spur - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Baat Cheet -----Chat-Room(USERS) » Health & Care » Bone spur
Health & Care !!! Post Tips Here For Health & Care !!!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
Banned

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Smokehat Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-10-2009, 10:09 PM

Bone spur

Bone spur is an extra bone that grows on the normal bone. In medical jargon bone spur is known as osteophytes. It occurs on the joints especially on the joints of the spine, feet, shoulders, hips, hands and knees. Bone spur itself does not cause any pain but it can cause pain when it rubs against other bones and nerves around it. Bone spur is quite common among people above 60 years of age and is an indication of spine degeneration.
Symptoms for Bone spur

Pain in back and neck

Back pain and neck pain are the most common symptoms of bone spur. Patients could experience mild pain in the neck and the lower back while standing and walking.
Pain in shoulders

If bone spur is developed in the cervical spine then the patient will experience pain in the shoulders and headache in some cases.
Pain in thigh,arms and legs

Patient will experience pain in thigh if bone spur is developed in lumbar spine. Numbness, tingling, progressive weakness and pain in arms and legs are some other symptoms of bone spur due to compression of the nerves.
Bone spur causes

Bone spur is mainly found in people suffering from osteoarthritis. Body of an osteoarthritis patient always attempts to cover up the loss done by osteoarthritis by breaking down the cartilage in bone joints. To cover up this loss, the body creates new bones along the affected bones. In the elderly, the reason for bone spur is that their body creates extra bone to provide stability to their aging joints. Bone spur is also a symptom of diseases like spondylosis, plantar fasciitis, spondylosis and spinal stenosis. Nutrition, lifestyle, accidents and sport injuries are some factors that can accelerate bone spur.

Remedies for Bone spur

Remedy for inflammation

First step for treating bone spur through home remedies is to reduce inflammation. Apply an ice pack to the inflamed area 4 to 5 times in a day. This will help to reduce the inflammation. If the problem is more severe then apply heating pad on the inflamed area.
Use Curcumin and flaxseed

Curcumin, the yellow pigment of turmeric is effective in treating bone spur. Take 500 to 1000 mg of curcumin 3 to 4 times a day on an empty stomach. Try this remedy daily for about 6 weeks. To relieve pain, apply flaxseed hot pack to the affected area. Take alternate hot and cold foot baths.
Use cheese cloth

Dip a piece of cheese cloth in warm linseed oil and keep the cloth on the affected area. Cover the cloth with plastic and keep a heating pad on the plastic for 2 hours.

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-11-2009, 02:11 AM

Nyx...

(#3)
Old
Banned

Star Sign:
Default Re: Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayan321 View Post
Nyx...
thx shayan

(#4)
Old

Default Re: Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-12-2009, 01:25 PM

nice.................

(#5)
Old
Banned

Star Sign:
Default Re: Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   09-12-2009, 04:27 PM

thx safa

(#6)
Old

Default Re: Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-21-2010, 05:51 AM

v nice

(#7)
Old
Banned

Star Sign:
Default Re: Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-26-2011, 10:00 AM

nice sharing...

(#8)
Old

Default Re: Bone spur - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-08-2012, 11:35 AM

thanx 4 informing

Post New Thread  Reply