AFRiDi InterView And Family pics - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Sports » Sports » AFRiDi InterView And Family pics
Sports !!! Post News Topics Pictures Of World Sports !!!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
BaiKaar MemBer !!

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
bf AFRiDi InterView And Family pics - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-15-2008, 08:16 PM

A flamboyant all-rounder, Shahid Afridi is one of the top Pakistan cricket talents still to reach his full potential and satisfy his country’s high expectations.

After an explosive debut against Sri Lanka in the 1996-97 season much was expected from Afridi specially since, as a 16-year-old leg-spinner, he surprised everyone but himself by scoring the fastest one-day hundred in his maiden innings.

There was nothing much to crow about since the time although Afridi has had two centuries as an opening and late middle-order batsman in one-day cricket.

But make no mistake. Afridi is still a compulsive shotmaker and, as a bowler, his leg-spinners, characterized by a hasty approach to the bowling crease, are often underrated.

No doubt, the man with reputedly the firmest handshake in international cricket, is relishing the chance of proving his critics wrong.

That master blaster Afridi can prove them wrong is not without basis. He has crashed the elite club of record-holders. Shahid is the only batsman who at age 16 set the record of hitting the fastest hundred off 37 balls against Sri Lanka in Kenya. He was declared man of the series in the recently concluded One-Day International between Pakistan and the West Indies. Earlier, in India, he smashed a 45-ball century so fantastic that Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf awarded him with 500,000 rupees and said: “Keep playing like that.”

He also has the record of hitting the most sixes, over 200! However, his performance has never been consistent. He lashes out and tries to hit every ball for a six, oftentimes throwing his wicket cheaply.

Fast forward to present, Afridi has given an update on how he has been doing all this time in an interview to Arab News in his hometown of Karachi, where he still lives with his father on Shahid Afridi Road.

Dressed in smart, casual clothes, looking taller, thinner and handsomer than his television image, Afridi appeared down to earth and humble. He did not have the airs of the superstar that he is.

Q. Does Afridi feel he has matured as a player from the time he debuted?

A. “I have gained some maturity, being a senior player. I have an idea about my responsibilities. I should be doing more for the team. My batting is inconsistent. My batting technique is risky. However, all fast players play like that. When we do well, we end up winning big matches. My bowling has really matured.

Q. What do Afridi’s coaches tell him and how is Bob Woolmer?

A. “The previous coaches were all renowned players themselves and tried to make me play like them. Woolmer is very good. He tells me to play my natural game and not be afraid. He also tells me to take my time. This relieves pressure. He just says, be selective and hit balls that are worth hitting.”

Q. Afridi really shone in India. He also made a century after three years. What was the secret of his success?

A. Afridi said he was very confident when he went to India. “My coach and captain trusted my abilities. They said they would give me reasonable chances. “I would not be dropped if I did not perform well in the first few matches. In the past, if I had one or two bad spells, I was made to sit out of the game. That really damaged my confidence and game.”.

In reply to his critics, Afridi said, “I don’t mind constructive criticism. What irks me is when the so-called experts criticize us as though they were legends of cricket despite having played only a handful of matches. I tell them off to their faces.”

Of his personal life, Afridi said he was very, very happily married. Afridi was married at age 20 to his maternal cousin, Nadia, just shortly after his name was implicated in a sex scandal. The case was dropped, the cricketers were fined Rs. 50,000 each. Supposedly, Afridi’s parents arranged for a quick wedding. Afridi said, “It is not true. It was an arranged marriage, but I myself wanted to get married.” Afridi added, “I haven’t married another, which shows that I am very happy with Nadia.”

Afridi said one of his happiest moments was when he became a dad to daughters Aqsa (3 years) and Ansha (15 months). “I want to spend all my time with my girls and my wife. I love to play with the girls and tuck them in every night. I miss them very much when I am on tour. My family often goes with me, but Nadia is not interested in cricket, so she does not come to the stadium. Sometimes she watches the match on TV, but only when I am batting.”

Q. How does Afridi see his future?

A. “I have left everything to Allah. He runs the world. My job is to follow His path, trust Him, and believe in Him. He does the rest.

Q. Cricket has brought Afridi everything; money, fame, respect. Is there something he still desires?

A. “A BMW. (He currently drives a Corolla) The taxes here are too high in Pakistan.”

Shouldn’t he have asked Musharraf for a tax waiver when he met him.

“I do not like to ask for personal favors.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

With Doughter

With Doughters

With WIfe n doughters

Shahid Afridi : Fastest ODI Hundred

’’بہترین کلام اللہ کا کلام ( قرآن کریم ) ہے اور بہترین ھدایت و طریقہ حضرت محمد صلی اللہ علیہ و سلم کا لایا ھوا دین ہے ۔،
Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-15-2008, 09:15 PM

waOoOo thnx 4 sharing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-15-2008, 09:59 PM

Thnx ... Akhir dekh hi lia Wife ko Mai ne Yuppy Chahe Naqaab Mai Hi Q Na Hon?

(#4)
Old

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-15-2008, 11:16 PM

wow really thanks for sharing its really cool post

ALLAH FARMATA HAI :
AEY BANDEY JO HUA
WO ACHA HUA .
JO HORAHA HAI ACHA HO RAHA HAI.
JO HOGA WO BHI ACHA HOGA.
TERA KIYA GAIYA JO TU ROTA HAI
TU KIA LAYA JO TU NE KHO DIYA.
JO LIYA YAHIN (DUNYA) SEI LIYA
JO DIYA YAHIN (DUNYA) PE DIYA
JO AAJ TERA HAI PEHLAY KISI AUR KA THA
AUR KAL KISI AUR KA HOGA.
TABDEELI KAINAAT KA MAMOOL HAI
BAS TU WO JAMA KAR JO TU SATH LEI KAR JANEY WALA HAI
YANI NAIK AMAAL.

(#5)
Old
BaiKaar MemBer !!

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-16-2008, 12:01 AM

thanks all of u

’’بہترین کلام اللہ کا کلام ( قرآن کریم ) ہے اور بہترین ھدایت و طریقہ حضرت محمد صلی اللہ علیہ و سلم کا لایا ھوا دین ہے ۔،
(#6)
Old

Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-16-2008, 07:44 PM

wow aFRIdi Unlce ki beti kItni cutes hain MASHALLAH
thanks for shareing

(#7)
Old
BaiKaar MemBer !!

Star Sign:
Default >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   10-17-2008, 08:40 PM

Thanks aaaaall of u

(#8)
Old
Junior

Default Re: AFRiDi InterView And Family pics - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   07-01-2010, 01:59 PM

how can i download these pictures

(#9)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: AFRiDi InterView And Family pics - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   07-04-2010, 08:22 PM

zabardast

(#10)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: AFRiDi InterView And Family pics - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   08-13-2010, 10:28 AM

thnx for sharing

დ∫დ→◄●♥●►↔ǺήĐằŽ~◊Ệ◊~ßάΫǻЙ↔◄●♥●►←დ∫დ

Post New Thread  Reply