Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Chit Chat » Pakistani Defense » Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands
Pakistani Defense !!Share Pakistani Defense Topics here!!

Advertisement
Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old
Girl Heart Black!!! .. =D

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Arrow Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-22-2012, 11:07 AM

Today's Term Is:

PSYOP

Psychological operations, This is Called Programming The National Psyci your own nation to force them, to convince them to make them that you should go to war on another nation and also the disinfomation war against the targeted country so that the country is totaly isolated internationally, politicaly and Diplomaticaly, then you launch your forces to go in and capture that land.

Psychological operations, are planned operations to convey selected information and indicators to foreign audiences to influence their emotions, motives, objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of foreign governments, organizations, groups, and individuals

A very Common Excuse to Attack any Country is " War Against Terrorism " it is also a part of PSYOP

Chal Fiqr Noo Goli Maar Yaar Hain Din Jindri Day Chaar!

Last edited by !~*SOoLi; 05-22-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-23-2012, 05:21 AM

Ahan seems a nice topic through which one can get hold of many miltaristic notions!
and yes the term "PSYOP" was new for me so learnt something new.
Thanks for sharing it with us and InshAllah I shall also be adding some Military terms that am aware of.
Once again, good topic started here!

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-23-2012, 05:30 AM

BlitzKreig

BlitzKrieg is a German word which means "Lightening war". This military Stretegy is comprised of all-motorised force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power, concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank in order to get the rapid victory.

An Example of the use of BlitzKreig stretegy was seen in Germany's attack at the time of WW2.

(#4)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-23-2012, 06:59 AM

Camouflage

Camouflage is a method of concealment that allows otherwise visible animals, military vehicles, or other objects to remain unnoticed by blending with their environment. Examples include a leopard's spotted coat, the battledress of a modern soldier and a leaf-mimic butterfly. Camouflage is a form of visual deception; the term probably comes from camouflet, a French term meaning smoke blown in someone's face as a practical joke.

(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-24-2012, 07:09 AM

Blackout

A blackout during war, or in preparation for an expected war, is the practice of collectively minimizing outdoor light, including upwardly directed (or reflected) light. This was done in the 20th century to prevent crews of enemy aircraft from being able to navigate to their targets simply by sight,

(#6)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-25-2012, 01:45 PM

NATO

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization or NATO, also called the (North) Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949. The organization constitutes a system of collective defence whereby its member states agree to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party. NATO's headquarters are in Brussels, Belgium, one of the 28 member states across North America and Europe, the newest of which, Albania and Croatia, joined in April 2009. An additional 22 countries participate in NATO's Partnership for Peace, with 15 other countries involved in institutionalized dialogue programs. The combined military spending of all NATO members constitutes over 70% of the world's defence spending

(#7)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-27-2012, 03:15 AM

Attrition Warfare Stretegy

Contrary to BlitzKreig stretegy, Attrition warfare is a military strategy in which belligerent side attempts to win a war by wearing down its enemy to the point of collapse through continuous losses in personnel and material ressources. Under this kind of military stretegy, usually the party with greater material and human ressources wins. Few Examples of conflicts in which this kind of stretegy was used are:
WW1, Vietnam- US war and Afghan-Soviet War.

(#8)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-27-2012, 11:57 AM

Inter-Services Intelligence - ISI

ISI is the premier intelligence agency of the State of Pakistan, operationally responsible for providing critical national security and intelligence assessment to the Government of Pakistan. The ISI is the largest of the three intelligence services of Pakistan, the others being the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Military Intelligence (MI).

(#9)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-30-2012, 04:34 AM

Deterrence
Deterrence means using the threat of military action to compel an adversary to do something, or to prevent them from doing something, that another state desires. The use of Deterrence as military stretegy in International Relations is very Common. Its roots start from the WW1 era and even in recent times, the powerful states use the stretegy of Deterrence against the weaker states to make them do thing as they want or to avoid them doing things according to their interests.
Few Examples of the events where Deterrence policy is used are:
WW1 and WW2, During Cold war era, US invasion of Iraq, US invasion of Libeya and in some form it is continously being used against Pakistan also from US.

(#10)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Share Miltary Terms & Operation Commands - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   05-31-2012, 09:21 PM

NATO phonetic alphabet

A - Alpha
B - Bravo
C - Charlie
D - Delta
E - Echo
F - Foxtrot
G - Golf
H - Hotel
I - India
J - Juliett
K - Kilo
L - Lima
M - Mike
N - November
O - Oscar
P - Papa
Q - Quebec
R - Romeo
S - Sierra
T - Tango
U - Uniform
V - Victor
W - Whiskey
X - X-Ray
Y - Yankee
Z - Zulu

Post New Thread  Reply