Food Presentation and garnishing - MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community

link| link| link
MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community » Baat Cheet -----Chat-Room(USERS) » Cooking Section » Food Presentation and garnishing
Cooking Section !!! Cooking tips and cooking recepies !!!

Advertisement

Post New Thread  Reply

(#1)
Old

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
umm Food Presentation and garnishing - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-18-2011, 10:49 AM

Food Presentation and garnishing

A plate of food is like a painting, and the rim of the plate is the frame.

A plate that's too elaborate can be as bad as one that's too careless. Besides, you want that hot dinner to still be hot when it reaches the table, so you don't really have time to get too fancy. Following are a few more food presentaion tips.

Balance

Select foods and garnishes that offer variety and contrast, while at the same time avoiding combinations that are awkward or jarring.

Colors

Two or three colors on a plate are usually more interesting than just one. Visualize the combination: poached chicken breast with supreme sauce, mashed potatoes, and steamed cauliflower.

Many hot foods, especially meats, poultry, and fish, have little color other than shades of brown, gold, or white. It helps to select vegetables that add color interest - one reason why green vegetables are so popular.

Garnish is often unnecessary, especially if the accompaniments have color, but it is very important in some cases.

Shapes

Another food presentation tip is to plan for variety of shapes and forms as well as of colors. For example Green beans and whipped potatoes might be better choices for accompaniments.

Cutting vegetables into different shapes gives you great flexibility. Carrots, for example, which can be cut into dice, rounds, or sticks, can be adapted to nearly any plate.

Flavors

You can't see flavors, either, but this is one more factor you must consider when balancing colors, shapes, and textures on the plate.[/i]

Some good n coomon presentations:

Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
(#2)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Food Presentation and garnishing - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-19-2011, 03:08 AM

Nice..

(#3)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Food Presentation and garnishing - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-23-2011, 11:28 AM

gOod pOsting
Thanks fOr Your Sahr!ng

(#4)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Food Presentation and garnishing - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-25-2011, 06:40 AM

thanks all

(#5)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Food Presentation and garnishing - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-26-2011, 09:39 AM

wow ! yum yum. Last and 3rd Last are the Best !!

(#6)
Old

Star Sign:
Default Re: Food Presentation and garnishing - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-29-2011, 09:39 AM

thanks for the sharing...

(#7)
Old

Default Re: Food Presentation and garnishing - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   03-09-2012, 07:01 PM

waoo zabrdast

Post New Thread  Reply