has no status.
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 438 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Interview will be held between two people one is you and second will be Visa Officer. Interviews will normal conversation so nothing to worry about.
Now, before you go to interview make sure you know about your Interviews questions. Question and Answer depend on PERSON TO PERSON and cases. But most of the time these are the common question they will ask you.
Interview will be categorize by five section - Regardless of place where you are applying from these are the US embassy policy for F-1
1. Resume - meaning- tell me about your self- describe your talent-your qualification, your work experience if apply to you, your achievements, your Toefl Score, your GRE score if applies to you
2. Financial Support- who will support your tuition fee, bank balance document
3. Families ties – meaning- You will come back after finishing your education for example you have your own business, all your family members, wife, kids something like that which bring you back to your home country
4. Family background- member of family member has been to USA. If yes – be ready to explain their status, still in USA. Where, who, when did they go…
5. Application Questions- Why did you apply to this university Why not others, Why USA why not other country, WHY only engineering or your major why not other, How long will you stay in USA, where you live in USA. How will you survive?
These are the categories matter for the visa officer specially (2, 3, 4, 5) - If you qualify all these categories you have a lot of chances to get a Visa. Otherwise, as soon as they smell that you have possibility to stay in United States or financial support problem …
Your interview will be finish right there and your Officer will tell you this “Sorry! We cannot give you visa this time “. They might tell you the reason. However, they will give you Rejection Form which has rejection reasons in that form and they will check that box. I am not sure what the rejection form number is. If I have that form later I will upload it for you guys.
Again!! Interview will be based on WH question or for example - WHY? WHAT? WHO?WHERE, WHEN and HOW
Wish you Best of Luck to you!! I hope that build a lot confident
Last edited by WAQAS; 09-07-2011 at 08:19 AM..