MeraForum Community.No 1 Pakistani Forum Community - View Single Post - To Celebrate or not to Celebrate Milad un Nabi (S.A.A.W).
View Single Post
(#7)
Old

My Photos: ()
Star Sign:
Default Re: To Celebrate or not to Celebrate Milad un Nabi (S.A.A.W). - >>   Show Printable Version  Show Printable Version   Email this Page  Email this Page   02-10-2011, 06:14 PM

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no!

It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi).

The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.